Monday 29 August 2011

This is it...

It's been a long time coming but I'm finally leaving to Ukraine in a few days. My mom and me are driving to Lethbridge tomorrow and then to Salt Lake City on wednesday, and I get on a plane thursday morning. I FINALLY got my itinerary today. The flight schedule is insane, but it will an adventure and I couldn't be more ready. To say I am really excited would be a lie. I am excited, don't get me wrong but I am more nervous for sure. I get butterflies everytime I think about it. I want to do this so bad. I am ready to experience new things and meet new people and eat a whole lot of borscht. Here is my official schedule and it is a crazy one...

1 Sept 2011:
United 659 Salt Lake to Washington D.C. (Dulles) 8:10 am to 2:12 PM
1 Sept 2011:
Lufthansa 417 Washington D.C. (Dulles) to Frankfurt 3:25 pm to 5:20 am (arrives next day)
2 Sept 2011:
Lufthansa 1490 Frankfurt to Kiev 9:55 am to 1:15 pm
 
OMG, I am excited. I am also beyond releived that 16 other people will be flying with me. I don't think I could find my way through the Frankfurt airport on my own.
 
I have to thank all of my family and the people in my home ward. Everyone have been so supportive and it's been amazing to know that I have people I can fall back on if I need to. I know this will be an experience I won't ever forget.
 
The people of Kiev, Ukraine better hold on to their fur hats...

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Ari and have a great time! Remember to keep a positive attitude because it will be easy to get discouraged and be negative but if you stay positive you will have a great time and a wonderful experience. The most important thing?.....Laugh off all the crazy stuff and you will have a lot of fun. I can't wait to hear all about it (especially all the fun and crazy stories) Love you

    ReplyDelete